- Assistant City Manager
Assistant City Manager
The Assistant City Manager coordinates and manages the Personnel functions for the City, as well as serving as the official statutory City Clerk; which exists to ensure the integrity of municipal governance through the ethical, and impartial administration, maintenance and preservation of the electoral, legislative and recordkeeping processes.
The following is a general summary of the core services provided by the Assistant City Manager:
- Administer Insurance programs; Employee Health, Life, Dental and Disability Insurance, and Worker’s Compensation
- Certifies, distributes and publishes (when necessary) all resolutions and ordinances
- Labor relations; negotiations, contracts, grievances and disputes
- Maintains custody, control, filing and storage of legislation, books, papers, minutes and other written and recorded documents and materials pertaining to the operation of City government
- Maintains municipal records as mandated by State Statutes and City Charter
- Oversees local elections and the processing of candidacy filings and campaign finance reporting
- Personnel duties to include; Administering; Employee Benefits Plan, Wage & Salary programs, Personnel Policies, Affirmative Action plan, Job classifications, and recruitment
- Prepares agendas, minutes, ordinances and resolutions for the City Council
- Provide the City Council with centralized staff support
- Safety program; ensuring the safety of employees, their work environment and investigating accidents
- Serves as Data Compliance Official; receiving and responding to issues and/or complaints about access to public documents
- Serves as the document and information resource to the City Council, City staff and the public
- Serves as staff liaison to the Anoka Human Rights Commission and the Home Rule Charter Commission
- Supervises the issuance of various business/services licenses
Americans with Disabilities Act
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a City meeting or other services offered by this City, please contact our office at 763-576-2712.
Notification of at least 96 hours prior to the meeting or time when services are needed will assist the City staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility to the meeting or service.